- Grain Place Foods: An organic oasis grows in Nebraska
Three generation family farm takes the long view to build fertile soils, biodiversity, and a successful business.
- Assured non-GMO status creates growing demand for sunflower oil, lecithin
Demand for sunflower products such as oil and lecithin is booming as food manufacturers and restaurants look for non-GMO alternatives to GMO-risk soybean and canola oil.
- Bee crisis gets renewed attention as evidence of pesticide harm mounts
Did the First Family notice a surprising lack of bees and butterflies going after the flowers in the White House garden? Did the recent meta-analysis of 800 studies confirming harm to bees from pesticides add to the buzz?
- Conclusive study finds big nutritional benefits for organic
A major new study from the United Kingdom finds conclusive evidence that organic crops, and the food made from them, are nutritionally superior to their conventional counterparts, corrects many of the shortcomings of earlier studies and should put to rest any doubts about the benefits of organic, said the lead scientist of The Organic Center in responding to the landmark study.
- The biotech industry’s assault on balanced journalism
The Non-GMO Blog: GMO proponents pressuring Reuters to remove journalist who presents both sides of GMO debate.